Monday 11 July 2011

Rev up the flagship. We're going for a jaunt to the mall...



Once again two of my favourite things collide!!
 Make-Up counters and Comic Books!!!
Monday is MY day: I head into town and have a great day of guilt free shopping, window shopping and food & drink.
A few months back my jaw hit the floor when I saw the wonderful Mike Allred art that supported MACs Wonder Woman promotion… today it happened again but on a slightly smaller scale.
I came across the wonderful work of Bryan Hitch advertising Diesels new scent:
                          CAPTAIN AMERICA!!
                              Only The Brave.

The display stand was a wonderful 3D city scape whilst the base was his shield.
The design of the bottle is cute as it is a clenched fist with the shield on one side.

Something that detracts from the sheer awesomeness of this bottle for me was Diesel designers added some ‘bling’ by placing the logo across the fingers… even though it’s amusing, I find that it gave a somewhat tacky feel to what was a great marketing.

OK… The nitty gritty!! and I must slip into ‘nerd fan girl’ mode for a moment:
                         The fist is BLUE rather than RED??
But then that may have made the shield logo harder to work with??
All in all, I LOVE these two worlds colliding and it smells pretty damn fine too… kind of musky with an earthy feel with a sweet top note breaking through once the scent has settled. It is a limited addition and comes in Hitch designed packaging also.


Any fan boys fancy a scent change or heading into the world of scent?

This is a good place to start!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment